Thursday, August 9, 2012

Announcing LADYBUG INK Blog Hop



Hello everyone.  I am so excited to be a part of the LADYBUG INK blog hop.  My first ever blog hop!!!!  If you are on my blog you have just come from Nichole Gonzales' blog.  Kind of nervous being the first time to post one so I hope I get it right!   Our theme for this first one is Back to School.  This one was tough for me as I am way beyond back to school age children.  And I have to confess I have not invested much into children type stampsets.  But I saw this idea cruising Catherine Pooler's (I think) website or her StampNation and I changed it up a bit to be more mine than hers.  I used the Lovely Letters Alphabet, Memorable Moments, Occasions Alphabet stamp sets; Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise card stock; Natural Composition Specialty DSP; Versamark Ink; Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise and Wild Wasabi embossing powders; dazzling diamonds; and the Owl Punch.



This is a card which could be used for your students teacher to welcome her or him, whatever the case might be, to your child's class room. I have been very busy with my 9 year old grandson, Evan, who is about to return back to dad in Denver so he can get back to school.

Don and I will be taking him back up to Denver on Monday.  We will miss him, but must confess it will be good to be back to our normal schedule! He has had a lot of fun and we have done more swimming than I have done in many years.  Been to the zoo twice, botanical garden and aquarium once, and he went to a lot of fun places with his aunts. Went to a movie with Grandpa.  Fun things all summer long.  I think he is ready to go home.  He seems just kind of tired of all the activity.  He did chores for us and earned an allowance.  He was very dependable, completed them quickly with no complaining and did them well.   

I best get this finished up and hopefully it all comes out the way it is supposed to come out!  If it all works like it is supposed to you will be continuing on to Liz Kay's blog, how appropriate one Kay after another!