Monday, January 21, 2013

January Ladybug INK Blog Hop




Hi everyone! It is so gorgeous out today. It is amazing how much more one can appreciate the weather when you feel better. It certainly has been a roller coaster in the Jantz family over the past few weeks with family illness, even one of our beloved pets.  We are all on the mend, some of us still mending, but much better!

At any rate I am still on the healing end, but there is improvement, probably my medication will be extended. So all that said I finally felt like getting into my very messy craft room to create last night around the stacks of stuff!

If you are here from Nichole Gonzales Jaramillo's blog, then you have seen her wonderful project and probably some of the others.  We have a pretty great group of highly creative demonstrators in LadyBUG INK.  We have recently added 2 new participants, Amber Wilson, first participated in December and now this month Michelle Carrion has joined the rest of us with her efforts.


Our theme this month was to use something from the new 2012 Spring Mini (Catalog). I started out with the idea of doing Valentine type project, but I had already done one for our swap earlier in the month and that is posted on my Facebook page. So I thought OK  I like doing 3-D so that is what I did. My Spring focus was the Tea for Two Designer Series Paper, Delightful Dozen Stamp Set, and the Hearts A Flutter Stamp Set. I love that paper and I hope you like it, such fun to make. Love doing 3-D projects!




The color theme is Island Indigo for the box, using the Two Tag die, the Simply Scored, Stampin' Trimmer, toothpick white card stock, Island Indigo ink, Chocolate Chip Ink, InColor Dahlia, and Fancy Flower Punch.  The box comes from an older post from Heather Cserni, SU Demonstrator.  She made the box at a Regional last year.  You will need to look really close to the Island Indigo to determine how I used the Hearts A Flutter stamp set.

The little note cards you see were cut from Whisper White Card stock, 4-1/2 x 2-1/4, scored at 2-1/4.  I drink mostly Celestial Seasonings and their packaging is such there is no excess packaging, very green.  But now that I have had time to mull this over, I can staple or maybe a glue dot, a teabag inside, with a note indicating the flavor and then a note on the other half of the inside.

The finished box does not accommodate tea bags, which I had hoped it would, but I also do not have any basic teabags without an outer wrapper.  By the time the other brands add on the extra sealed wrapping they become too big for the box.  So that said I would say I would probably make my own custom envelopes for this odd sized note card.

If you should need further instruction on how to assemble the box, I am more than happy to provide dimensions along with other details.  Of course you can also go to my Stampin'UP website, www.ktscreations.stampinup.net, to order any of the supplies I have listed for the above project.

Now on to the rest of the Blog Hop.  Next stop is Liz Kay's blog located at, www.kraftasticmrskay.blogspot.com.   Enjoy the rest of the Hop.  Come on back tomorrow I will have some other new things for you to see.  And in case you happened here randomly, here is a list of all of our blog participants.

Nichole Gonzales Jaramillo http://nicholesu.blogspot.com/
Michelle Carrion www.ilovecrafttime.blogspot.com