Friday, June 14, 2013

LadyBug Ink Blog Hop for June

Whew, when it turned hot, it turned hot.  Like triple digits this week, generally that doesn't happen until July.  All spring we were complaining how cold it was.  I guess now we are getting the other extreme!  Still no rain though which is a real bummer, everything is so dry. Lot's of forest fires all around the state.  The biggest has been in the area of one of my children's favorite places to go camping, back in the day I did that sort of thing.  Thank goodness they are all grown up and can go on their own camping trips!  Although this year most all camping and picnic areas are closed to due to the extreme drought conditions and high fire danger.

Well because of the heat, it seemed wiser to stay inside the confines of the cool house yesterday and I was able to get a card made for the LadyBug Ink June Blog Hop.  Our theme this month was what we wanted to use from the new catalog.  If you are coming via the Blog Hop you most likely just arrived from Nichole Gonzales Jaramillo's blog.  I also thought while I was at it I would also use this card idea in an upcoming class.  It will be focused on using washi tape.  I had heard of it in the past, but just could not get too excited about it.  Since Stampin'UP is selling it and promoting it I think I best get on the bandwagon.  This design is not my original, but I did change it up a bit when it came to the button, other than that it comes from a class plan offered by Crafty Person Productions Inc.  It is called 5 Ways of Washi Tape.

It includes 4 cards and an envelope style box to put them in for gift giving or just to keep from getting lost!  Keep an eye out for date, time, place, and cost.  I will be offering it at 3 different days and time frames.  Hopefully you will find one which will work for you.



This card was made using Basic Gray and Whisper White cardstock, ink was Jet Black Stazon, and Crumb Cake Marker, the Good Cheer Stamp Set, The Epic Day This & That Washi Tape, a button made with our new Molding Clay and button and flower molds.  I also added the linen thread.  Check out my online catalog from my blog, www.ktscreations.stampinup.net, to purchase or check back for class information.

Hope you have a pleasant day.  Now you are off to Liz Kay's blog, www.kraftasticmrskay.blogspot.com, for the next LadyBug member of the hop.  Just in case you get lost here is a list of all the blog hop participants.

Nichole Gonzales Jaramillo http://nicholesu.blogspot.com/

See ya'all next month on the next hop.

KT