Saturday, June 15, 2013

More Fun Stuff from the New 2013-2014 IBC

I have really been on a roll here of late and I think that is a good thing.  I actually am wanting to make cards and cutesy gift ideas and have more to come.  Today though I wanted to share a re-edited version of my Blog Hop Card.  I didn't realize it was so dark so I made a minor adjustment and it certainly looks a lot better.  Let me know what you think, please?


 
 
 
This card is one of the projects we will be making at my 5 Ways of Washi Tape class schedule in the last week of June.  The original plan called for some new antique style buttons in our catalog, but I didn't have those and chose to make one from our new modeling clay and molds in our new catalog on page 167.   They are so cool.  And it isn't that hard to make them.  The best part is being able to use our markers and match to whatever color you want!  How cool is that?
 
So if you want to learn more about Washi Tape and how to use the tape, make your own faux washi tape, be certain to sign up for one of the sessions.  Check out original post on this class posted a few days ago.  You will find I now am accepting payments via Pay Pal.
Some of you are probably shocked as I was not ever going to use PayPal, well I got over that issue!  Remember when you register you will be receiving not only all the supplies necessary to create the 4 cards and envelope style envelop to keep them in, individualized instruction by myself, printed instructions along with templates to take home with you, a package of the Epic Day This and That Washi Tape, a stamping sponge, and (6) 6" x 6" sheets of the Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper.  In order to have all supplies available for each individual I do need the payment made for the class no later than Thursday, June 20.
 
OK now the class I held late in May involved 2 projects, and they were both straight from the most recent Stampin'Success.  Didn't get the chance to post these projects prior to the class but would like to share them with you now.  These next two pictures are of the same project but the first one is entitled as 2 loves for 1 couple.  My husband Don is passionate about rose bushes.  This year he hasn't been able to work with them as much as he would like but we did get a few clipped from our bushes before all the first blooms are blown to bits with the high winds we have had.  My passion as most of you know is Stampin'UP so here is the gift box we created.  The sentiment comes from a new Hostess set entitled Simply Sketched.  I think this set is going to be one of my all time favorites.  The second picture is simply a close up of the box. Super easy to make.
 
 



Now this last picture is the card we made, also from the recent publication from Stampin'UP to Demonstrators only.  This little bi-monthly magazine is so full of ideas and generally always very easy to duplicate.  It is a great perk to receive as a demonstrator.  Really should give it some thought to sign up as a demo. It is really easy, call me so we can chat about it. I love to watch the ladies work on their projects at the classes.  Once they are comfortable with the whole idea of stamping, which in most cases only takes about 2 classes to get them there, except in my case!  I have to be honest it has taken me probably years to get to comfortable.  That should tell you, you don't have to be talented to do this, just determined to learn it, and I can teach you.

Back to the class.  It is always a joy to watch how they change things up a bit to make the card uniquely theirs.  Some choose to use a different greeting.  Some choose to change around how many were Bermuda Bay and how many were Coastal Cabana and then they did the same with the butterflies.  I love my Stamping ladies, they are so much fun.  They have become the sisters I would have liked to have had.

Well I do believe I have rambled enough this time around, don't forget to register for the class by next Thursday, June 20.

See ya next time!

kt

Official PayPal Seal

Class Times/Dates