Thursday, June 13, 2013

Triple Digit Heat Keeps This Crafter In Doors!

So what do I do when I am indoors all day long in triple digit temp's?  Well it is not house cleaning as that makes it even hotter!  But going to my craft room and doing some straightening up and organizing, does keep me much more productive, because it is not work it is fun.  Plus then I start thinking I should make something.  So here are a few cards I have made recently that I think are pretty cool.  Some with new product and some with retired product but who cares, I certainly don't as I like hanging on to my favorite sets.  The first card I have to show is one I made for my daughter who put herself thru college, working full time, single mom with 3 sons, 8, 18, and 23.  She graduated this past month with her degree, recently remarried to a really nice man whom she has known for many years, but both had to go thru life events which eventually led them back to each other, and from what I see, they are both much better off because of those events.  Course I am just a proud mama, what can I say!


 
 
 
I hope she liked this card,  The colors are Whisper White, Real Red and Sky Blue.  I embossed the Sky Blue CS with a retired cloud embossing folder.  I really was disappointed SU did not keep this folder.  The balloons and the sentiment were from our recently retired Up, Up, and Away stamp set.  This one is a keeper as is the embossing folder.  The inside sentiment is also one of my favorite sets which was the Word Play set.  Also retired and a keeper.  I loved using this for gradation cards.
 
 
 
 
This card was our monthly LadyBug Ink Swap this month which was to focus on using product from the newly released 2013-2014 Idea Book and Catalog.  The colors are all current, a couple of them were moved from the retiring In Colors lineup to our regular color families so you will still be able to order Calypso Coral and Pool Party!  I also used Wild Wasabi and I think Daffodil Delight.  The sentiment is from one of our new Hostess Sets, which you are going to want to be able to get, so book a class so you can earn it.  The set is called Simply Sketched.  The stem of the flower is from Stampin'UP's Fabulous Florets.  The base of the card is made using Crumb Cake.  The flower is stamped from the new Secret Garden set and then cut using the matching Framelit set.  The Designer Series Paper is from the Epic Day This and That.  And of course a pearl was needed.  I sponged the Whisper White with Calypso Coral and Pool Party around the edges.  It was a really fun card to make.  All of these items not noted as retired can be ordered via my online store.  Feel free to call me if you have questions.   
 
 
Hope to have more cards to share.  I have made a bunch in the past months and unfortunately did not get pictures of them all, but would like to share some more with you.
 
KT