Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lady Bug Ink Blog Hop August, It is all about ribbon

 
 
Well here I am, late as usual, but at least I made it, finally.  All the rest of you Lady Bugs have done an awesome job.  My daughter from Indiana came to visit last week and it was all I could do to get my swaps done for our meeting last week.  In preparation for her visit, I got my craft area all cleaned up and somewhat more organized, but I really need to get a Ribbon Roll Organizer for all my ribbon though. It's just a mess.  I will be getting mine from a friend of the Lady Bugs in Florida.  You can find out more at this website.

 
But before you go to Trish's website, please be sure to go to the rest of the blog hop to see the other fabulous creations using ribbon from Stampin'UP.  All the Lady Bugs will have referenced her site so you can learn more about this wonderful organizational tool in your own craft room.
 
Back to my contribution for this month's blog.  I took a layout from a challenge at this site, http://technostamper.blogspot.com/.  I took her idea and made some tweaks to it as believe it or not with all the circle punches and framelits Stampin'UP has, there was not one combination which provided the look I really was hoping for, but it turned out pretty good I think.  My sponging was far from neat, but I think you get the idea.  I had to get creative with the circle the flower was stamped on, so I sort of winged that one!  Where there is a will there is a way, correct?
 
 
 
 
Supplies
 
Stamp Sets:  From My Heart  132007 (W)  126557 (C)
Fabulous Florets 128574 (W)  123027 (C)
Ink:  Primrose Petals, Gumball Green, Midnight Muse Ink Pads
Cardstock: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper:  Afternoon Picnic
Other: 2-3/8" scallop circle punch, 7/8" circle scallop, Midnight Muse Dahlia, Pearl Basic Jewels
Ribbon:  3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon  Gumball Green (126848), Primrose Petals (126844) Midnight Muse (126847)
 
You can find all these supplies at my Stampin'UP website www.ktscreations.stampinup.net, just look for the 2013-2014 Idea Book & Catalog.  You will also be able to see the new Holiday Mini Catalog which was introduced on the first of August.  Come back again to learn more about upcoming classes!
 
The next stop on our Blog Hop is Liz Kay, her link is below
 
Nichole Gonzales Jaramillo http://nicholesu.blogspot.com/