Wednesday, August 14, 2013

More recent creations!

In spite of all the activity we had going on around here this past week, I have been able to do a little creating.  I believed I mention earlier I had made some tags for a church project for a nearby elementary school.  I made an extra so I could show you how it came out.  The ones I made last week had ribbon attached to one of the corners so they could be easily attached to the backpacks with supplies the church delivered last week.  The one I made I didn't do that I simply put ribbon as an accent on the card, other than that this is identical to the original ones made last week.
 
 
The card was 3 x 3 inches.  I used the Naturals White card stock cut 6 x 3 inches, scored at 3 inches.  The beautiful paper on the front was cut at 2-7/8 inches square.  Thought the numbers would be so appropriate for the elementary age level.  I wrapped the 1/4" stitched grosgrain basic gray ribbon around the square.  I stamped the For You from the Chalk Talk stamp set with Basic Gray Ink Pad, punched it out with a circle punch and then attached it with a Dimensional to a punched out scallop circle in Gumball Green card stock.    The completed sentiment piece was attached over the ribbon with adhesive over the ribbon in the center.  The inside sentiment comes from Occasions Alphabet stamped in Basic Gray Ink pad also on Bubblegum Green card stock and was punched out with a scallop circle punch and adhered with our Snail Adhesive..  Really quick and simple to make. Stampin'UP does carry envelopes to fit this size of card.  Makes for a nice note to leave on a co-workers desk, insert for a gift, or a quick thank you note for a job well done. 
 
Now my next project was for our Lady Bug Ink groups monthly swap.  We were to use something from the brand new Holiday Mini.  I really haven't latched on to this newest catalog as quickly as I typically do, but there are tons of great ideas in it and the more I look the more I can see I am going to want.  I happened to be at a group recently at another demonstrators house and she had us making items using the new Expressions Thinlits Dies.  They are on page 36 of this recently released catalog.  You can go to my website and view the catalog on line.  I also used the new Wonderful Wreath stamp on page 34 in the same catalog.  Colors used, Real Red Stampin'UP Marker, Real Red Card Stock, Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Whisper White Card stock, Gumball Green Designer Series paper also from the Birthday Basics pack.  The Paper Doily sizzlits used with the Big Shot to create the doily embellishment behind the wreath which was cut using our Circles Collections from our Framelits Collection.
 
 
That is it for today.  I will have something else to show you probably on Friday.   Saw this cool idea demonstrated online earlier in the week and can't wait to show it.   In the meantime go to my website and check out the catalogs, or if you would like one contact me by phone, 505-280-5687, or email, vjantz70@gmail.com.
 
 
Until next time,  kt