Friday, October 18, 2013

Thanksgiving Ideas for our October Ladybug ink Blog Hop!

 
 
It is that time again for our blog hop.   The Ladybugs have been busy making cards for Thanksgiving.  You may have arrived here from Nichole Gonzales' Blog.  I can't wait to see what she has created.  She is so talented.   I hope you enjoy my creation. 
 
I received an order for more new Holiday Catalog items and have been anxiously awaiting to find time to put them to use.  Below is my contribution today.  I have tons more ideas so don't be surprised if you come back to my blog you will see more.  Or if you go to my Stampin'UP website www.ktscreations.stampinup.net you can find them there as well.  Plus you can check out all the cool sales we have going right now.
 
 

I love the Sweater Weather DSP (132184) and the Expressions Thin lit Dies (132171)featuring Thankful, Merry and Love.  Pretty much covers the fall, winter holidays don't you think!?  Another one of my standby sets of stamps is the Lovely as a Tree (128655-w) (127793-c) set, featured on the circle.  I then accented it with the acorn from the Truly Grateful Stamp (131730-w) (131733-c)in the Holiday Catalog along with the Burlap Ribbon (132140) I also used.  The DSP features Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, among other colors.  I really wanted to use Olive Green in this card so I used it for the "thankful" thin lit as well as the off-centered circle back of the tree.  I used Cajun Craze and Chocolate Chip ink for the tree and acorn as well as the new In Color Baked Brown Sugar.  I accented the Cajun Craze with our Crystal Effects, added linen thread bow to tie in with the Burlap Ribbon.  The base of the card and the circle for the tree is the Vanilla Naturals CS.  Oh, one other thing I tried on the tree was "thumping".  I used Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Crushed Curry.  Not totally pleased with the outcome as a couple of the colors didn't seem to come thru, but it was a learning process.  So I am not giving up on it.  I tried on 4 different trees, this one seemed to be the best.   I also used our Circles Collection, framelits (130911)

The next person up on the hop is Liz Kay, www.kraftasticmrskay.blogspot.com.  If you should get lost here is a list of everyone participating.  I love Liz's creativity as well.  Everyone in our Ladybug group is so creative, yet all very unique in their own style.

Also you have just a few days left to take advantage of Stampin'UPs awesome 25th anniversary special.  You can sign up as a demonstrator, receive all the benefits for only $25 and pick out one item worth up to $26.95 but not less than $25.00.   Call me, (505) 280-5687, no later than Oct 21 for details.